The Olney Baptist Church grew out of a rally held in the home of Samuel Miller on Mascher Street on Sunday afternoon, May 1, 1904. Rev. E. C. Romine, a well known church planter and evangelist, was invited to sing and preach at the rally. By the fall of that same year, new members were baptized, a recognition service was held, and, by God’s amazing grace, the church was underway.
We are seeking to be a place of hope and refuge for all peoples, races, and nations through the Gospel of Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit for the glory and praise of God the Father. We aim to glorify God by fulfilling the great commission Jesus has given us (Matthew 28:18-20) and by being a multi-ethnic congregation that displays the beauty of the Gospel through the reconciling power of the Gospel.
We believe that the marks of a Gospel church are these: the right preaching of the Word of God with Jesus Christ and Him crucified at the center; the right administration of the ordinances (Baptism and the Lord’s Supper); and the right practice of church discipline.